Midterms and Marriage




I’m writing this awaiting a beautiful thanksgiving dinner. It’s been 6 days since I’ve become Mrs. Shaw. It’s been amazing! But let me tell you: getting married in the middle of a semester is tough work! I’ve loved the idea of a fall wedding which is why December would never cut it. Together we decided on November 18th. It was really hard to stay focused in the middle of the semester. When things went wrong in planning, it was extra stressful for me. Assignments would take the backseat over staying sane. The week before the wedding, I had almost no motivation to keep going. I was super grateful for understanding professors. This doesn't mean I was exempt from any assignments or got better grades, they just gave me the space I needed. If I had a friend ask me for advice, I would say to get married any month that you want. It’s a date you will celebrate the rest of your life. Don’t let the temporary circumstances define something that will last a lifetime. Now that the wedding over, I can focus on school and work. Not to mention nurturing an eternal relationship. It's better than any grade I could ever get!

Comments

  1. Yay!!!! Congrats Ciana! So glad to hear that you're loving married life! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a trooper for getting married mid-semester! So glad you followed your heart and your dreams came true! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congrats on the marriage! I can definitely see that as the a really trying experience but the best reward at the end. I love your thoughts on how we shouldn't let temporary circumstances decide when you get married. Really cool insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congrats! So cool that in the midst of all the chaos, you can still see the bigger picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your marriage!!! I can definitely understand being distracted in the middle of the semester. Only a couple more weeks until winter break and you can completely relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it!! So happy for you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts