WARNING: Rant On Student Housing

Have any of you had issues with finding or selling student housing contracts?

Have you become victim to greedy renters?

I have. 



Before this Fall, I've have pretty good experiences with BYU Student Housing. I love the places I've lived in and the roommates. This summer I got engaged to the love of my life and had to sell two contracts. 

Oh. My. Goodness. It took AGES! But that isn't the issue. The issue is the boatload of fees apartments charge when you have NEVER even lived there! I had done no damage to any of the places since I never moved in. But I still lost out on over $300 because of transfer, application, and selling fees.

I cannot believe complexes will charge you so much money just because you sell your contract to someone else who will pay the same amount you did. I don't even know what they do with the money! Seriously. And not to mention apathetic receptionists. 

UGH! Oh well. Water under their dang expensive bridge. I'm just glad to have gotten out of that aspect of life. Yay for married life in Salt Lake!


Comments

  1. I feel you. I wish apartment companies would understand that we are poor college kids going through different changes and life circumstances. It's like they have no mercy on your plans changing. I am not a fan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts