The Good Doctor's Light


I recently got into a new television series called the Good Doctor. Some of you may have already heard of this show before. I had seen a couple of commercials for it, but I had never committed to watching it. However, it was not until I had spare time that I decided to take the leap.

The Good Doctor stars one of my favorite actors, Freddie Highmore. He is proven to be a very versatile performer. In this show he plays an autistic medical genius. He in no way insults anyone with a mental condition. The surrounding characters show a spectrum of differing perspectives, from supportive to criticizing.

In the pilot episode, the show proves to provide more than just entertainment but enlightenment about people of different backgrounds and conditions. I cannot go a single episode without shedding a tear. The script is witty yet raw. The characters are real people who are just trying to do what they think is right.

This show sheds a light of hope and perseverance. Not to mention the slight nods at a higher being whom we know as our Heavenly Father. I highly recommend this show to anyone who is seeking excellent entertainment with uplifting messages.

 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! From what you have said, I really want to watch it now. It is hopeful to me to find good shows that express uplifting principles especially as our culture can be so critical and depressing. Even a TV show can make a difference in helping people be more accepting of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I've seen so many commercials about this show! I'm interested in giving a try! I love that there are still uplifting shows out there. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts